Charlestown Seafood Festival Set to Return for 34th Year
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
The festival is set to take place from Friday, August 3 to Sunday, August 5.
General admission is $9 for adults, while children ten and under are free.
This year’s festival includes non-stop concerts performed each day by a variety of musical talents including Saints & Sinners(Whitesnake Tribute) and Mullet on Friday, August 3.
On Saturday, August 4 come and enjoy the sounds of The Brothers of the Road Band, Welcome To The Jungle (Guns & Roses Tribute), Shot of Poison (Poison Tribute) and the Dirty Deeds (AC/DC Tribute).
Rounding out the weekend on Sunday, August 5th is Southern Sky, Eight to the Bar, Take it to the Bridge, and Back in the Day (Journey, Styx, Police, Loverboy).
The menu includes boiled Cajun crawfish, Maryland style crab cakes, seafood jambalaya, and farm-raised alligator together with large gulf shrimp, locally grown littleneck clams and a variety of oysters cultivated in the salt ponds of South County.
For more information, click here.
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to Look Forward to in New England This Summer - 2018
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival takes place from June 1 to June 10 in downtown Burlington, Vermont.
This 10 day celebration features four stages with free live music from Leslie Odom Jr. and more. The festival also will feature local food and much more.
For more information, click here.
Taking a Cruise on a Windjammer
Head to Maine and sleep aboard a National Landmark, the Maine Windjammer Fleet.
Go on a three, four or six-day cruise and get closer than ever before to wildlife like whales, eagles, and porpoises while you see some of the best coastal scenery that North America has to offer.
After a successful first festival, the PVDFest returns to Providence for the third year and will take place from June 7 to June 10.
The festival will bring in art, music, performances and more from all over the United States and the world for the free outdoor festival.
Catching a Worcester Bravehearts Game
Year after year, the Worcester Bravehearts are one of the best baseball teams in New England.
They bring in some of the best college talent from across the region to compete for the Futures League Championship.
Don't miss a game.
Visiting Cape Playhouse Theatre
Taking a ride to Cape Cod and visit the oldest summer theatre in the country, Cape Playhouse. Cape Playhouse was first opened in 1927 by Raymond Moore.
The theatre has been home to some of the biggest stars to ever grace a stage like Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart amongst others.
Enjoying the South County Hot Air Balloon Fest
There is nothing quite like the Hot Air Ballon Fest. This is the place to enjoy glowing hot air balloons, crafts, music, food, fishing, carnival rides, fireworks, and more.
The festival will be held from July 20-22 on the URI athletic fields.
Participating in the Worcester World Cup 2018
The 2017 Worcester World Cup is set to take place from Friday, August 10 to Sunday, August 12.
The Worcester World Cup is more than a soccer tournament. It's a celebration of Worcester and a safe, friendly family event that people look forward to all year.
Newport Jazz Festival
The 2018 festival is set to take place from Friday, August 3 to Sunday, August 5.
The festival will show off over 50 individual jazz ensembles on four stages including performances at the International Tennis Hall of Fame and Fort Adams State Park.
Seeing a Movie at the Rustic Drive-In
Look forward to Calling up your friends, pack a picnic, and sit in your car as feature films are projected on giant outdoor screens.
The audio plays right through your radio, so be sure to turn the volume up high as you snack on your candy and popcorn.
Zip Lining in the Berkshires
Looking for something new and exciting? Head to the Berkshires and get yourself on a zip line, maybe even do a canopy tour.
There are three different tour options, starting with the base area tour which lasts an hour or the Moutain Top or Valley Jump tour which takes three hours. Both of those are sure to shoot some adrenaline into your day.
The Little League World Series
While the Little League World Series does not take place in New England, the series is arguably the marquee sporting event of the summer.
There will be a New England team in it this year and therefore, the Little League World Series is always something to look forward to
Catching a PawSox Game at McCoy
Nothing says summer time like sitting at McCoy Stadium and watching a Pawtucket Red Sox game.
While the PawSox are already in action, the weather is getting warmer and it will be much more comfortable to go out to a game.
Billy Joel at Fenway Park
For the 5th consecutive year, rock and roll legend Billy Joel will play Fenway Park.
Billy Joel released his first hit song, arguably still his biggest hit, Piano Man in 1973 and since then has become the 6th best-selling recording artist and the third best-selling solo artist in the United States.
Joel was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1992 and then the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1999.
- LIVE: Over 8,000 Expected In Newport for Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival
- Federal HIll Commerce Assoc.‘s Tarro Highlights the Columbus Day Festival on LIVE’s The Taste
- LIVE: Stop-Action Filmmaker Plate Featured at Vortex Sci-Fi, Fantasy & Horror Film Festival
- On LIVE Thursday: Festival Ballet, Kinch on PawSox, and Dem’s McNamara & Much More
- LIVE: Festival Ballet Providence’s Ricci on “The Widow’s Broom”
- Gen. Centracchio Highlights the Scituate Art Festival on LIVE’s The Taste
- Newport Festivals Foundation Donates Musical Instruments to Gladstone Elementary
- “Doors Open RI” Festival Highlights Behind-the-Scenes Look at Prov This Weekend
- 18 Authors to be Featured at 2017 RI Festival of Children’s Books & Authors
- LIVE: Paddington Illustrator R.W. Alley on Upcoming Appearance at RI Festival of Children’s Books
- Federal Hill’s Columbus Day Festival Announces Grand Marshalls and Event Details
- 11th Short Short Story Film Festival to Take Place Over Thanksgiving Weekend
- Short Short Story Film Festival Comes to AS220 Thanksgiving Weekend
- Third Wave of Artists Announced for 2018 Newport Jazz Festival
- Free Historic Film Festival “Il Cinema Ritrovato on Tour” to be Held at Brown
- Gallery Z’s ArtMobile Moby to Tour Festivals Across RI
- LIVE: RWU’s Roving Eye Film Festival Continues Through The Weekend
- Newport Jazz Festival Artists Set to Perform Music From Other Countries
- Second Wave of Artists Announced for 2018 Newport Jazz Festival
- LIVE: Providence Children’s Film Festival Looks To Connect Community
- LIVE: RI Black Storytellers Celebrates its 20th Annual Funda Festival
- Newport Jazz Festival Announces First Wave of Artists for 2018 Festival
- LIVE: Repetiteur from George Balanchine Trust on Bringing “Rubies” to Festival Ballet
- Metheny, James to Play Newport Jazz Festival’s Friday Night Concert
- Grammy Award Winner Charles Lloyd to Play 3 Shows at 2018 Newport Jazz Festival