slides: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend- July 14, 2017
Friday, July 14, 2017
This weekend’s events include the start of the International Tennis Hall of Fame Open, the Black Ships Festival and much more.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalProv has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend in the Slideshow Below
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend- July 14, 2017
Au Courant: a Benefit for Child & Family at Fort Adams
Au Courant celebrates the creative talents of designers in the Northeast.
This year’s event will feature StyleWeek SWIM, a showcase of current resort and swim collections from designers all over the northeast.
Celebrity stylist, Derek Warburton, known for styling stars like Beyoncé, Miranda Kerr, and Heather Graham will be a special guest and will also debut his fine jewelry line.
The event goes from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
34th Annual Black Ships Festival
The 34th annual Black Ships Festival celebrates the friendship between Newport and its sister city Shimoda, Japan.
The festival offers a variety of events emphasizing both Japanese art and culture.
Saturday events take place at 10 a.m.
Japanese Arts & Crafts Fair at Touro Park
Touro Park located on Bellevue Avenue is turned into a Japanese-American Cultural Center, featuring demonstrations, workshops, and displays. Including Arts and Crafts and Martial Arts Demonstrations.
The fair goes from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and is FREE to attend.
Bristol "Tales of the Slave Trade" Walking Tour
History buffs, this is for you.
Linden Place Museum will host a walking tour of Linden Place Mansion and downtown Bristol, focused specifically on Bristol’s DeWolf Family and their involvement in the transatlantic slave trade.
Learn how Bristol, New England, and America were impacted by the slave trading DeWolf’s of Linden Place from museum educator, Robin Tremblay. Tremblay has extensively researched Rhode Island’s connections to slavery and has led many tours along Bristol’s slavery trail.
Tours run from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Quahog Seafood & Art Festival at Burr's Hill Park
The Quahog Seafood and Art Festival is a can't miss event at Burr's Hill Park in Warren.
The festival will feature freshly cooked seafood, chowder, stuffed quahogs and clam cakes are offered, along with arts and crafts and musical entertainment.
It all begins at 10 a.m.
Taiko Drum Concert at Cardines Field
The Taiko Drum Concert will feature Odaiko New England, one of the top taiko groups.
They will entertain listeners with their speed, power, dramatic choreography and sound. Then Shin Daiko will perform, during their debut in Newport. The conclusion will be an exciting performance as the two groups team up for a grand finale!
The concert begins at 12 p.m.
Dell Technologies Hall of Fame Open at International Tennis Hall of Fame
The qualifying round for the Hall of Fame Open is set to take place on Sunday at the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
The qualifying round will see four players go through to the main tournament.
Newport Polo Series - 2017 All Charity Day
The Newport Polo Series will host their 2nd annual All Charity Day on Sunday at the Newport Polo Grounds.
The day will be filled with fast-paced polo action all to benefit local charities.
The event begins at 5 p.m.
NIMFest Concert Series at King Park Beach
NIMFest concerts are held Sunday afternoons from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the King Park gazebo on Wellington Avenue.
Concerts are presented free by the City of Newport featuring the best in regional and local talent.
The 2017 series celebrates women artists in folk, bluegrass, jazz, blues, rock, and everything in between.
- Republican Organizer Vargas on Providence Politics, Newport Senate Race, and More
- Nine Former Newport Gulls’ Players Picked in First 10 Rounds of MLB Draft
- Fashion Icon Iris Apfel Coming to Newport on June 22
- Kiel James Patrick Opens Flagship Store on Historic Bowen’s Wharf in Newport
- LIVE: Celebrating Father’s Day in Newport
- Would You Take the Providence-Newport Ferry for $50?
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Newport Flower Show + The Art of Listening + Grandchildren
- Pasta Beach’s Ropolo Announces Opening of a New Larger Location in Newport on LIVE’s The Taste
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 9, 2017
- 7 Rhode Islanders File to Run for Senate District 13 in Newport and Jamestown
- Hamilton Star Odom Jr. Coming to Newport Jazz Festival
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 16
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Mens Short-Shorts, Unrequited Love & Wedding Invitation Etiquette
- Newport’s Sailors for the Sea Named Environmental Innovator of the Year
- Newport Historical Society to Put on Reenactment of 1777 British Occupation
- Jackie & JFK’s Newport Wedding Brought to Life With Return to Camelot Presentation
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 7, 2017
- Over 600 Sailors Take Part in Annual Newport Regatta
- Newport Arboretum Teams With Salve Regina to Host Summer Landscape Series
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 30, 2017
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 23, 2017
- RI’s Kiel James Patrick Talks About Building an American Brand and the Newport Flagship Store
- Newport’s Florez Taps Controversial Prov Politico to Run His Campaign for Senate
- Newport Jazz Fest Offering Discounted Tickets for Local Residents Through July 4
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Doggy Bag Etiquette, Fender Benders, Hospitality Etiquette + More