Fit For Life: Changing Habits Starts With Changing Your Mindset
Sunday, December 17, 2017
I have been a trainer for over 25 years, so I know how to get folks in the best shape of their lives.
Creating workouts and meal plans is easy. I can sit down and program a workout in minutes, I can talk to you about nutrition for hours, but what I learned is that all that stuff is useless unless you can get people to do it.
That’s the tough part of the business. Getting people to create the right mindset. I am finding that the toughest part of my line of work is convincing people that they are worth the time and investment needed to take care of THEMSELVES, and one big mistake I learned is that I don’t need to sell you my program, I need to convince you that it’s all about you, and I need to sell you the mindset you need to take the steps necessary to change your life for the better.
I KNOW my program over-delivers. At Providence Fit Body Boot Camp, we are so much more than a place to work out. We are a coaching and accountability program that creates a community of support, and encouragement. We don’t only create great workouts, we provide nutrition coaching, fitness tracking, and hold you accountable to your goals through follow up phone calls, text messages, and emails. We have a private community group on social media that members go to for help and support, as well as to give advice to others. Our members that get involved with this know the benefits, and get great results because of it.
Working to change habits.
Just go to YouTube, and you have millions of workout routines at your disposal. And, anyone can push people through a “tough” workout, but what happens after they leave the gym?
We all have habits of NOT doing what is best - and doing what’s not good for us. Why is this? Why do we do the things that are easy, or that we like to do, but neglect the important things or the stuff we NEED to do?
I am guilty of this so that’s why I constantly read and do things to set my mind right so I do the things I NEED to do, not the things I want or like to do. I don’t like making sales calls, but I need to do it to stay in business. So, I program myself, schedule the time and get it done. I don’t like doing the calls because it’s difficult to convince some people that they are worth the time and investment needed to get and stay fit and healthy. When someone says, “I love your program, got great results, and love your coaches, but I am going to hold off for now because I can’t make the commitment” the statement says that “I know you can help me, and I know that I will feel better, get stronger, and have more confidence and self-esteem, but I am not a priority in my own life at this time. Convincing some people that it’s not selfish to care for yourself is a very difficult task. And that goes way deeper than creating a great workout.
It all boils down to MINDSET. You must get your mind right, first, in order to succeed at anything in this world. You need to figure out all the things you need to that will take you to any specific goal you have in mind, then you need to create a plan.
If you want to be a successful business owner, you need to market, sell, then over deliver on your promises. That’s the plan, now you need to figure out ways to accomplish ALL those tasks not just the ones you “like” to do.
To be fit and healthy, you NEED to exercise and eat healthy every day. That’s the plan, now what is it going to take to get you to stick to that plan? Can you do it alone? Will joining a big box gym do it? At home videos?
If you want all straight As in school, you have to study for ALL your classes, not just the ones you like to do, otherwise it won’t happen. If you love science and hate history but you want straight A’s you need to focus MORE on the subject you don’t like.
Creating the right mindset
Mindset is critical to accomplishing the things in life that will make us happy.
Mindset helps us overcome fear and anxiety.
Mindset dictates whether we can or cannot do something.
Mindset tells us we need to make a change.
Mindset tells us we can accomplish anything we want in life.
Mindset also tells us what we can’t do, and it tells us that we are not worthy of health and happiness.
In anything and everything you do, you need to develop the right mindset. The wrong mindset will lead you to failure, while the right mindset will net you all the success you envisioned for yourself.
2018 is coming up soon.
Program yourself now. Tell yourself that you are worthy of all the good you envision for yourself. Make your plan, and create the map to fulfill your plan.
Remember…you ARE worth it.
Get that mind right, and you will prevail.
- Fit For Life: Time is On My Side – Yes it is…
- Fit for Life: We Do It Better Together…
- Fit For Life: Back-to-School - Have a Plan!
- Fit For Life: Train and Eat! Not - Exercise and Diet
- Fit For Life: Grocery Store Bingo
- Fit for Life: Accentuate The Positive … Eliminate The Negative…
- Fit for Life: The Cycle of Life
- Fit for Life: Time for Some Old-School Values…
- Fit For Life: How You do SOME Things is Usually How You do EVERYthing…
- Fit For Life: Opportunity Knocking…
- Fit For Life: It’s Non-Negotiable!
- Fit For Life: What is Results Fitness?
- Fit for Life: …Because Life Can Change in a Moment’s Notice
- Fit For Life: “Speaking Words of Wisdom…Let It Be…”
- Fit for Life: Cost Free Ways to Get Healthier
- Fit For Life: Don’t Be A Turkey…
- Fit For Life: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions…
- Fit For Life: Unleash Your Potential…
- Fit For Life: Create Impact Today…
- Fit For Life: You are Capable of More Than You Know…
- Fit For Life: Opportunity & Hustle
- Fit For Life: Bad Day – Good Day – It’s In Your Control
- Fit For Life: If You (Just) Dream it, it Won’t Come True…
- Fit For Life: It’s All About You – & It’s Endless What You Can Accomplish
- Fit For Life: Can You Say You’ll Have No Regrets?