Fit For Life: Demographics, Wealth, and Health
Saturday, March 03, 2018
Well, there is some truth to this, because I am sure life in general is easier with a large bank roll. So, I am going to give you some tips on how to overcome the expense and explain the payoff, or cost of NOT taking care of yourself.
Most of the people that complain the loudest are the ones shopping at big box stores and looking for deals on food. When I occasionally visit this type of store, I observe what is in people’s baskets and carriages and I always see cases of juice, and junk food purchased in bulk.
This is the type of wasteful spending that is going to impact the cost of shopping in a negative way. These stores are jumping on the organic and health food bandwagon, so you can still get some better prices on food than the smaller stores, but you still end up buying a bunch of stuff you don't need.
I use these big discount stores for non-perishable goods such as paper goods, and spices but I recommend shopping for your food on a weekly basis and purchasing smaller amounts of fresh stuff.
My mother is notorious for buying larger quantities of meat and freezing what she doesn't immediately need, just because it’s on sale. I find fault with this for 2 reasons, one is that frozen food doesn't taste as good, and another is that she regularly throws stuff away, therefore offsetting the “good deal”.
When you buy in bulk or larger quantities, you forget it's there and it gets freezer burn or gets old. When you pay a little more for food you buy only what you need, and never waste any, so it all averages out anyway. Buying in bulk is not necessary, you do not need to store food, we are in no danger of a shortage!! Buy fresh and shop frequently.
When you look at the big picture, shopping healthy and buying better quality food actually pays.
First you spend less when you shop. Rather than buying in bulk, you only buy what you need.
Now look at the long-term savings: Food is medicine and eating healthy builds a strong immune system and prevents many lifestyle induced diseases. Ailments as mild as acid reflux to cancer can be prevented by living a healthy lifestyle. It’s no guarantee, but it lessens your chances in a big way. It also prevents you from needing most OTC drugs. When you eat correctly, your respiratory system works better so you breathe better, therefore allergy meds are no longer needed. In addition, your joints ache less, so you don't need the anti-inflammatory pills. Your hormones are more balanced, so your sex drive is still there, and you don't need to buy prescription drugs. All this will tremendously offset the cost of paying a little more for your food.
So, the next time you feel like it’s too expensive to shop healthy or hire a fitness coach, just look at the benefits of spending a little more to live a more vital lifestyle.
Not only will you look and feel better, you will be more productive, ambitious, and motivated at work, so you will in return make more money.
Remember the next time you are in the check-out line at the organic quality market remember you are not overpaying for food, you are making an investment in yourself.
As good as money in the bank.
- Fit For Life: Create Impact Today…
- Fit For Life: You are Capable of More Than You Know…
- Fit for Life: Cost Free Ways to Get Healthier
- Fit For Life: “Speaking Words of Wisdom…Let It Be…”
- Fit For Life: Don’t Be A Turkey…
- Fit For Life: It’s All About You – & It’s Endless What You Can Accomplish
- Fit For Life: If You (Just) Dream it, it Won’t Come True…
- Fit For Life: What is Results Fitness?
- Fit for Life: …Because Life Can Change in a Moment’s Notice
- Fit For Life: Opportunity & Hustle
- Fit For Life: Bad Day – Good Day – It’s In Your Control
- Fit For Life: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions…
- Fit For Life: Unleash Your Potential…
- Fit For Life: What’s Wrong With You?
- Fit For Life: Follow Through - Stick to Your Goals!
- Fit For Life: Practices for Success
- Fit For Life: Avoid the Negativity
- Fit For Life: Better Yourself on a Daily Basis
- Fit For Life: What Kind of HO Are You?
- Fit For Life: Mind Set is Everything. Your Decisions Make You Who You Are Today & Tomorrow
- Fit For Life: Can You Say You’ll Have No Regrets?
- Fit For Life: Changing Habits Starts With Changing Your Mindset
- Fit For Life: Holiday Excuses. Don’t Let Holidays Compromise Your Health, You’re # 1
- Fit For Life: New Year, New Successes, Stay the Course
- Fit For Life: We Have Enemies