Fit For Life: Practices for Success
Saturday, February 03, 2018
How you program your mind determines how you play the game and how you live your life. You need a winner’s attitude and need to believe in yourself that you can accomplish any task you set out to do. With a positive mindset you see all the possibilities and when you see the possibilities you believe anything is attainable. On the other hand, if your mindset is negative you will find every reason why something can’t be done and weather you believe you can or believe you can’t you will always be right (Henry Ford).
2. Preparation and Hard Work
Football, business, and fitness all require this element in order to succeed. Fail to plan means you should plan to fail. No team will ever win a game without preparation and hard work, and neither will you. Try winging it with your fitness routine by not prepping meals and working hard in the gym. I can guarantee failure. Try taking an exam at school without studying and you can expect a big fat F on the top of the page. When Tom Brady is asked about his success, he never claims to be a gifted athlete, but he attributes his victories to hard work and preparation. There are no exceptions to this rule, regardless of what you are trying to achieve.
3. Overcome Adversity
We are all going to suffer losses and beat downs on occasion. It’s unavoidable. It’s the ability to bounce back that determines the winners and losers. If you can get off the canvas, brush yourself off and jump back in the game, your chances of victory are far better than the ones that stay down and feel sorry for themselves. Wallowing in self-pity and possessing the “poor me” attitude will just dig a deeper hole. The ones that look ahead and put their past failures behind them are far more likely to taste victory on any level of life.
4.Be Ready To Call An Audible
Life sometimes gets in the way and the path to success sometimes requires taking a different route than originally planned, therefore you need to be able to solve problems quickly. When a star player goes down, someone else needs to step in and fill the role. When a quarterback steps up to the line and the defense looks different than the one they prepared for, he calls a different play. When you plan on working out in the morning, but your car doesn’t start, you either find another ride, or change your workout time to later. When an ad doesn’t bring in the expected amount of business, you change the wording, add a different picture and run it again. Yes, you need to plan, but things don’t always go as planned. So rather than give up, you need to find a plan B.
Regardless of whether you are playing football, growing a business, striving for better health and fitness. Implement these practices in your everyday life and success will be more likely. Live everyday like you are trying to win the Super Bowl and you can guarantee that you will take everything to a higher level.
- Fit For Life: Bad Day – Good Day – It’s In Your Control
- Fit For Life: Opportunity & Hustle
- Fit For Life: If You (Just) Dream it, it Won’t Come True…
- Fit For Life: It’s All About You – & It’s Endless What You Can Accomplish
- Fit For Life: You are Capable of More Than You Know…
- Fit for Life: …Because Life Can Change in a Moment’s Notice
- Fit For Life: What is Results Fitness?
- Fit For Life: Time is On My Side – Yes it is…
- Fit For Life: Back-to-School - Have a Plan!
- Fit For Life: Train and Eat! Not - Exercise and Diet
- Fit For Life: Grocery Store Bingo
- Fit For Life: Create Impact Today…
- Fit for Life: Cost Free Ways to Get Healthier
- Fit For Life: New Year, New Successes, Stay the Course
- Fit For Life: Holiday Excuses. Don’t Let Holidays Compromise Your Health, You’re # 1
- Fit For Life: Mind Set is Everything. Your Decisions Make You Who You Are Today & Tomorrow
- Fit For Life: What Kind of HO Are You?
- Fit For Life: Follow Through - Stick to Your Goals!
- Fit For Life: Changing Habits Starts With Changing Your Mindset
- Fit For Life: Can You Say You’ll Have No Regrets?
- Fit For Life: “Speaking Words of Wisdom…Let It Be…”
- Fit For Life: Don’t Be A Turkey…
- Fit For Life: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions…
- Fit For Life: Unleash Your Potential…
- Fit For Life: What’s Wrong With You?