Organize + Energize: A 2018 Guide to Decluttering
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
How did you do? If you didn’t have a chance to get to these areas or if you missed some of the articles; Here’s a recap of every month.
As you read this article, plug these areas into your 2018 planner and use it as a guide next year to help you declutter.
Organizing in RI. Kristin teaches her clients that living an organized lifestyle will save them time and money, decrease their stress levels and help them become more efficient and productive. Her articles have been published in local and national magazines. She has also given over 70 presentations throughout the state. Watch Kristin LIVE every Thursday at 3pm here on GoLocal LIVE with Molly O’Brien.
Related Slideshow: A 2018 Guide to Decluttering
It’s holiday clean up time.
It’s a great time to get your kitchen back to normal after all of the holiday festivities.
Here are your spaces: Expired food, refrigerator, freezer, spices.
Most of these items are found in the bathroom or linen closet.
Most of these items get neglected.
Put these items on your list this month: Makeup, linens, nail polish, under the bathroom sink.
Spring will be here soon.
It’s a great time to check your first aid kits and get a head start on getting your closet organized.
Break up these tasks and it won’t be so overwhelming.
Expired meds, underwear, socks, jewelry.
Get excited! It’s starting to get warmer outside!
Time to switch out your closet to spring/summer!
Tackle these areas next: Clothes, Shoes, belts, scarves, pocketbooks.
Time to make room in the trunk for the beach chairs!
Bring new energy into the home.
Dust off and declutter those old magazines.
Here are your spaces: Bathing suits, magazines, under the bed, trunk of car.
How many of you had to park outside this winter and clean snow off of your car?
This is the time to declutter and organize the garage!
The kids are home too! Get them involved in these spaces: Garage, kid’s books, kid’s clothes, kid’s toys.
Is your email inbox exploding? Are your desk drawers overflowing?
Make a plan and mark these spaces on your calendar.
Here are your spaces: Email, desk drawer, dust collectors, shed.
Want more free space and an extra drawer in your home?
Wasting money on a storage unit every month? Do you even know what’s in there?
Here are your spaces: Junk drawer, den, books, storage unit.
If mail is one of your sore spots, you may need to dedicate one month to focusing on it.
It’s ok, take it one step at a time and just start decluttering.
Don’t worry about organizing yet, just declutter.
Here are your spaces: Mail, TV console, hall closet, spare bedroom closet.
Get your closets ready for fall. It’s time to rotate them again.
When was the last time you took a look around the basement and took inventory?
Here are your spaces: Clothes, basement, drawer at work, fall decorations.
Get your home ready for guests this holiday season.
Tackle it now so you’re not running around stressing out at the last minute.
Here are your spaces: Fridge, freezer, food pantry, dining room.
- Organize + Energize: Organizing Your Teen for Back to School
- Organize + Energize: 4 Areas to Organize With Your Kids Before They Go Back to School
- Organize + Energize: Teachers! 8 Tips to Organize Your Classroom
- Organize + Energize: 4 Spaces to Declutter & Organize in September
- Organize + Energize: 5 Ways an Organized Kitchen Will Save You Money
- Organize + Energize: 6 Tools I Use to Stay Organized, Efficient, & Productive
- Organize + Energize: 4 Spaces to Declutter & Organize in August
- Organize + Energize: 4 Areas to Declutter in July
- Organize + Energize: 5 Ways Technology Has Ruined Productivity
- Organize + Energize: 5 Reasons It’s Time to Get Organized
- Organize + Energize: You’ve Organized Your Office. What’s Next?
- Organize + Energize: 10 Organizing & Efficiency Tips for Small Business Owners
- Organize + Energize: 10 Areas You Find Most Challenging to Get Organized
- Organize + Energize: Give Experiences Instead of Things This Holiday Season
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways to Reduce Stress This Holiday Season
- Organize + Energize: 5 Simple Tips to Tackle Mail Clutter During the Holidays
- Organize + Energize: Email Clutter During the Holidays
- Organize + Energize: Throwing Out Your Wedding Dress
- Organize + Energize: 4 Areas to Declutter & Organize in November
- Organize + Energize: Organize Your Entryway for the Holidays!
- Organize + Energize: 5 Ways to Create Positive Energy in a Room
- Organize + Energize: 4 Spaces to Declutter in October
- Organize + Energize: Organizing Your Daily To-Do List
- Organize + Energize: October is “Organize Your Medical Files” Month
- Organize + Energize: 4 Areas to Declutter in December