Bucktown’s Chef Faulkner Talks Being Named One of the Best Restaurants in U.S.
Saturday, August 12, 2017
“I’d like to describe it as comfort food,” Faulkner says, “I think southern food is comfort food because my family is southern, so if I think about making myself feeling better, I’m going to eat some fried chicken, some collards, some biscuits, everything is homemade, made with love.”
The restaurant on the west side of Providence is earning praise for its fried chicken, oysters, and homemade buttermilk biscuits. The biscuits, Faulkner says, she’s been working on perfecting her whole life.
Faulkner and co-owner Adam Mir opened Bucktown in July of 2016 and were recently named one of Bon Appetit’s 50 Best New Restaurants in America.
“It’s been such a blessing, it’s awesome,” Faulkner says, “couldn’t have asked for anything better.”
Bucktown is located at 471 W Fountain Street in Providence.
- LIVE: RI Blogger’s Geaber Talks Things to do in August
- LIVE: Kaleidoscope Theater Celebrates 40 Seasons of Theater for RI’s Children
- LIVE: Sanctuary Herbs Provides Economic Opportunity For Refuges Through Farming
- LIVE: 6 Things To Do While Preparing For A Move
- LIVE: DJ Logic Brings Project Logic to Newport Jazz Festival
- LIVE: Jazz Pianist Marilyn Crispell, Solo Performance at Newport Jazz Fest
- LIVE: Composer, Pianist and Bandleader Burton Talks Newport Jazz Festival
- LIVE: Trinity Rep Offers Limited Flash Sale of “A Christmas Carol” Tickets
- LIVE: Teen Author Alston Inspires Girls To Pursue Career in STEM Fields
- LIVE: Save The Bay’s Sabato Gives Ways To Help Keep Narragansett Bay Clean
- LIVE: Verdi Films Produces “Man in Red Bandana” Documentary on 9/11 Hero
- LIVE: Original Beach Boy Mike Love Talks Music, Career & Tour
- LIVE: Artist Laura White Carpenter Helps Patients Heal Through Art
- LIVE: Queer Eye’s Jai Rodriguez Talks ‘Sex Tips’ Vegas
- LIVE: RI Based Punk Band, Downtown Boys’ Norlan Olivo New Album
- LIVE: Internet Sensation Randy Rainbow Brings His Live Show to Providence
- LIVE: 9 Tips To Organize Your Email
- LIVE: Brown Researchers Find Evidence of Water In The Moon’s Interior
- LIVE: Writer/Director Jennifer Potts Talks Screenplay Award & Commitment to Women in Film
- LIVE: Author MacGuire Talks Irish Aristocracy in “Real Lace Revisited”
- LIVE: Cocktails & Art Go Hand in Hand at Little Bitte’s New Store Front
- LIVE: Medicinal & Culinary Plants With URI Master Gardener Melissa Pace
- LIVE: Celebrating National Lighthouse Day in Rhode Island
- LIVE: #RoseAllDay Phenomenon Boosts Newport Vineyards Production
- LIVE: Elephant Sanctuary’s Montgomery Talks Protecting & Preserving Elephants