LIVE: Humor & Celebrity Spots Win Super Bowl Ads For 2018
Tuesday, February 06, 2018
RDW Group says companies used a lot of humor in their 2018 Super Bowl advertisements, and viewers saw many celebrity endorsers.
“You saw funny ads and you saw inspirational style anthem ads,” Bellini says, “I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that people are just so fatigued with the big issues, the issues that are out there every day that are out there dividing us.”
He explained that advertisements were expensive this year, costing about $5 million per 30 seconds of airtime.
Bellini says he thought a good use of that amount of money and airtime were E*Trade’s “This Is Getting Old” spot, M&M’s ad with Danny DeVito, Amazon’s Alexa losing her voice, and the Tide series featuring David Harbour.
He says not only did those commercials resonate with people, but viewers liked them and they were brand recognizable.
Related Slideshow: 2018 Super Bowl Commercials
- LIVE: Providence Based Hardcore Band, Kilgore, Releases First EP in 20 Years
- Tuesday on LIVE: Berndt of Kilgore and Professor Lawless
- LIVE: New Youth Event Added For Annual Langston Hughes Poetry Reading
- LIVE: Dave Kane on Remembering Lessons Learned at 15th Anniversary of Station Nightclub Fire
- LIVE: Director Whitney White on “Othello” at Trinity Rep
- LIVE: USA Bobsledder & Brown Grad Weinstock Talks 2018 Olympic Journey
- LIVE: Women’s Fund of RI Is Fighting For Fair Pay and $15 Minimum Wage
- LIVE: Good Food & Community Support Key To Tilly’s Cheesesteaks 1st Year Success
- LIVE: Blueflash Photography’s Kosiba Explains the Evolution of Wedding Photos & Videos
- LIVE: NASA’s Arcand On The Super Blue Blood Moon & Exoplanets
- LIVE: Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, JPMorgan Healthcare Shakeup: “Nonprofit” is Key, Says Fine
- Wednesday on LIVE: MasterChef Winner Behm-Lazzarini & RI’s Dryvit’s Murphy
- LIVE: Loiselle Of FRIENDS WAY Talks About Self-Care While Grieving
- LIVE: Writer Gilsdorf On Memoirs and Achieving Your Writing Goals in 2018
- LIVE: Comic Cunningham On Creating Patriots Parody Video “Amen-Dola”
- LIVE: RI’s Paddington Competes in Puppy Bowl, EGAPL Hosts Viewing Party Event
- Monday on LIVE: USA Bobsledder Weinstock and Business Monday Kumar, DiBiase & Sasse
- Monday on LIVE: RDW’s Bellini, Newport Vineyards, & Business Monday
- LIVE: 8 Things To Do When Packing For Vacation
- LIVE: 14 Deaths, 532 Hospitalizations From Flu This Season So Far, Says RI Dept. of Health
- LIVE: Trillo on Trump’s State of the Union—& Surrogate Mark Burns in RI on Friday
- LIVE: Dryvit CEO Murphy on Working on Super Bowl Venue - & Opportunities in RI
- LIVE: Independent Pharmacist Bucks Big Chains to Open Matt’s Local Pharmacy
- Thursday on LIVE: Writer Gilsdorf & RI Young Democrats President Beauregard
- LIVE: Improving Your Wine Knowledge With Killavey of Newport Vineyards