Guest MINDSETTER™ DeBare: Break the Silence on Domestic Violence
Thursday, October 12, 2017
This October, National Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM), we are calling on our communities to break the silence. Each of us must make it our business to speak up when we see or hear something troubling and to have conversations with friends, family, colleagues, youth, and others in our lives. Whether it be in our workplaces, schools, places of worship, or other community spaces, we can support survivors and their children by raising awareness of the issue and creating environments that do not tolerate domestic violence.
There are many ways to get involved this October. Attend one of the many events throughout the state to support local domestic violence agencies who are dedicated to serving victims and their children each and every day. Support the Rhode Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence (RICADV) in the Allstate Foundation Purple Purse Challenge. Like and share our social media posts, and talk to your family and friends about healthy relationships and the warning signs of abuse.
If we each make a commitment to help end domestic violence, just think about the collective impact we can have! No one can do everything, but everyone can do something. Visit here and follow us on Facebook to learn more. Together, we can build a safer, more peaceful Rhode Island. No more silence!
Deborah DeBare is the Executive Director of the Rhode Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
Related Slideshow: Providence Crime By the Numbers - 2016
- NEW: Mixed Reviews on Budget from Domestic Violence Coalition
- NEW: Kilmartin and Verizon Wireless Team-up to Benefit Victims of Domestic Violence
- NEW: PC’s LaDontae Henton Arrested on Domestic Violence Charges
- Verizon Awards $45K to RI Domestic Violence Prevention Programs
- Women’s Center of RI to Hold Walk to End Domestic Violence
- NEW: Coalition Against Domestic Violence Issues Statement on Warwick Officer
- Domestic Violence: Economy Shrinking, Abuse Growing
- NEW: Central Falls To Host Domestic Violence March
- Domestic Violence Awareness: Fashion Goes Purple
- NEW: Kilmartin Teams With Verizon to Prevent Domestic Violence
- Be Fit Nutrition Holds Fundraiser For Domestic Violence Awareness
- RI Domestic Violence Groups Issue Call to Action Following Murder
- Stiffer Campaign Finance Laws, Addressing Guns and Domestic Violence: This Week at the Statehouse
- Nguyen: The Hope Solo Saga: U.S. Soccer and Domestic Violence Allegations
- Speaker Mattiello: It’s Time to End Stalking and Protect Domestic Violence Victims
- LIVE: Moms Demand Action on Gun & Domestic Violence Legislation in Rhode Island
- Early Voting, Domestic Violence, and Equal Pay: This Week At The State House
- KIDS COUNT: Children Continue to Witness and Experience Domestic Violence in RI
- Smith Hill CDC and Sojourner House Open Housing for Domestic Violence Victims
- RWU and Silent Witness Initiative To Launch Domestic Violence Online Database Tool
- NEW: RI Coalition Against Domestic Violence Addresses Recent Murder-Suicide
- LIVE: RI Non Profit Giving Domestic Violence Survivors & Their Pets 2nd Chance at Life