Healthcare Expert Mulligan Gives Insights Into the Success and Failures of Obamacare
Saturday, April 14, 2018
The Professor of Health Policy and Management overviewed her current research which explores insurance, financial security, and health reform from the perspective of the newly insured and those who continue to lack coverage.
She discussed her new book, "Unequal Coverage: The Experience of Health Care Reform in the United States," which she edited with Heide Castañeda.
"Unequal Coverage documents the everyday experiences of individuals and families across the U.S. as they attempted to access coverage and care in the five years following the passage of the ACA.It argues that while the Affordable Care Act succeeded in expanding access to care, it did so unevenly, ultimately also generating inequality and stratification," writes the NYU Press.
Mulligan has done extensive primary research in Rhode Island on the state's program -- HealthSource.
Related Slideshow: UHIP 40-Page Application - April, 2018
- Smart Benefits: Obamacare Exchanges: Enrollment Expectations
- Obamacare Implications of Medical Marijuana in Rhode Island
- Smart Benefits: Obamacare vs RI Exchange- Which Enrollment Approach Worked Best?
- Horowitz: Obamacare; Going Strong on 5 Year Anniversary
- Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Horowitz: Obamacare - Here to Stay and on the Right Track
- NEW: Fung Responds to Obamacare Diagnosis as “Job Killer”
- Arthur Schaper: Reid and Reed’s ObamaCare Screeds
- Arthur Schaper: ObamaCare-Less in RI
- Smart Benefits: Obamacare Extends Sign-Up for Exchanges… Again
- UnitedHealth Group to Leave Markets Participating in Obamacare
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: EU, Newport NIMBYs, and Obamacare
- LIVE: Follow the Money - RI Native & DC Consultant Sullivan on Obamacare Repeal
- Moore: Twin River’s Labor Strife Highlights Obamacare’s Weakness
- Obamacare Would Get a “C” and Trumpcare is in Peril, Says PC’s Prof. Hackey
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Gardiner: Republicans Would Ride a Trojan Horse to Repeal Obamacare
- DC Consultant & RI Native Sullivan on Trump’s Transgender Tweets, Obamacare “Skinny Repeal”
- Average Providence Resident to Do Better Under Trumpcare than Obamacare Says New Study
- Cicilline Calls GOP’s Obamacare Replacement Bill a “Disaster”
- Health Care Premiums to Rise Under Obamacare in 2017
- Fecteau: Stop This Frivolous War on Obamacare
- RI Ranked 4th Most Affected State by Repeal of Obamacare
- Horowitz: Obamacare Ain’t Easy to Kill
- Horowitz: Do the Right Thing - Fix Obamacare