Coderre Joins Raimondo Staff to Address Opioid, Addiction Crisis in Rhode Island
Saturday, January 06, 2018
Coderre, who had served in Rhode Island Senate and then as then-Senate President Teresa Paiva-Weed's Chief of Staff, will provide general Senior Advisor work, especially legislative strategy and relationships, according to Raimondo spokesperson David Ortiz.
Coderre, who worked for the nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization Altarum, has an extensive background in addiction recovery, having been in long-term recovery since 2003.
In his role as senior advisor to Altarum's Behavioral Health Technical Assistance Center, he oversaw the work of the Center to ensure best practice approaches for recovery, and supported the behavioral health technical assistance team with its work in substance use disorder recovery and mental health programs and services.
Coderre had previously served as chief of staff and senior advisor to the Assistant Secretary at the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) from 2014 until January 2017 where he led the team that produced Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health.
He served as a member of the Rhode Island Senate from 1995-2003 and as chief of staff to the Senate President from 2009-2014. He holds a bachelor's degree in political science from Rhode Island College.
- Chekrallah: Doctor, Patient Communication Essential to Fighting Opioid Addiction
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Lambrese: Opioid addicts deserve dignity, not death
- RI Releases Statewide Standards for Treating Overdose & Opioid Use in Hospitals
- Electronic Tracking Devices & Opioid Crises: This Week at the State House
- Raimondo Calls for $4 Million to Fight Opioid Abuse in RI
- Carol Costa: Facing Down the Opioid Abuse Monster
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Mundy: The Opioid Crisis & Our Veterans - We Must Do Better
- Updated Opioid Use Regulations Now in Effect in Rhode Island
- MA Receives Nearly $12 Million in Federal Funding to Fight Opioid Epidemic
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Happy Doable Prenups, How to Toast & How to Dunk + Opioid Crisis
- Prof. Lawless Joins GoLocal LIVE and Discusses Trumps Tax Cuts and Whitehouse’s Opioid Problem
- Nardolillo Blasts Whitehouse for Role in US Opioid Addiction Epidemic
- LIVE: “It’s Our Problem” HBO Documentary Filmmaker Peltz On Opioid Epidemic
- Raimondo Signs Legislation to Prevent Opioid Overdoses & Save Lives
- LIVE: Dr. Rich on Tackling RI’s Opioid and Drug Overdose Death Epidemic