Prov VA Medical Center Nurse Charged With Tampering & Stealing Prescription Opioids
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Jared Scott, 34, of West Warwick, was indicted on June 28, 2018, on one count each of tampering with consumer products and acquiring a controlled substance by deception and subterfuge.
He pled not guilty on Tuesday.
According to information presented to the court, Scott, as a Providence VA Medical Center nurse, had access to vials of liquid opioids for patient use.
Scott would access the vials, often for patients that were not his, remove vials of the drug for his own personal use, and leave behind vials filled with saline.
The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Terrence P. Donnelly.
Tampering with a consumer product is punishable by statutory penalties of up to 10 years in federal prison, 3 years supervised release and a fine of $250,000. Obtaining a controlled substance by misrepresentation, fraud, deception, and subterfuge is punishable by statutory penalties of up to 4 years in federal prison, 1 year supervised release and a fine of $250,000.
- NEW: Navy Engineer Indicted in Fraud and Bribe Conspiracy
- BREAKING NEWS: Mob Leaders Indicted for Extortion of Strip Club Owners
- NEW: Aaron Hernandez Indicted on Double Murder Charge
- Barrington Businessman Indicted for Defrauding 9 Local Businesses
- Breaking: North Providence Town Council Member and Radio Personality are Indicted by Feds
- Former North Providence Councilman Indicted for Extortion
- Three North Providence Councilors Indicted for Bribery
- Indicted N. Providence Councilors Gave to Caprio, Lynch
- State Senator Indicted for Bank Fraud
- Senator Indicted on Bank Fraud Pleads Not Guilty
- Hernandez Indicted for Shooting Witness in the Face
- NEW: Two Burrillville Residents Indicted in Death of Man Found Under Cement Slab
- Four Indicted in Providence for Illegal Re-Entry Into U.S.
- Cranston Man Indicted, Arrested on Federal Firearms & Drug Trafficking Charges
- Former Providence Physicians Group Employee Indicted on Extortion Charges
- Manafort, Rick Gates Indicted on 12 Charges Including Conspiracy Against U.S.
- Providence City Council President Aponte Indicted