Providence Police at City Hall Following Bomb Threat Friday Morning
Friday, December 18, 2015
"I just tried to get into City Hall and it was on lockdown, I was told from a bomb threat," said Providence City Council President Luis Aponte at approximately 11 a.m.
Sgt. Steve Courville told GoLocal that a bomb threat had been called in but deemed to be "not credible," and the building was reoopened, and the police were taking precautions .
Aponte said he was told the threat that was called in was a "car filled with explosives," which is why the canine unit was called.
"We are following the Providence Police Department suspicious article/bomb threat protocols," said Courville at 11:40 a.m. "This is not deemed to be a credible threat."