Twin River Announces Intention to Move Newport Grand to Tiverton
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Twin River Casino announced plans Tuesday to move Newport Grand slot parlor to Tiverton, and that it has secured rights to acquire 45 acres of land there.
The casino would seek to expand gambling at the new location to include table games in addition to slot machines.
The chairman of Twin River’s board of directors, John Taylor, said in a statement that the move was necessary to compete with the new casinos being built in Massachusetts.
Twin River announced in March that they that had acquired the rights to purchase Newport Grand from former Providence Mayor Joseph Paolino.
The Tiverton facility would be located near Rt 81 and the Rt 24 interchange, just 400 feet from the state line and border with Fall River.
The proposal is subject to voter approval.
- Will Foxwoods Funded Fall River Casino Sink Newport Grand?
- NEW: Senate Approves Table Game Vote for Newport Grand
- NEW: House OKs Newport Grand Bill
- NEW: House to Vote on Newport Grand Table Game Referendum Today
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Joseph Paolino: The Truth About Plans for Newport Grand, Let the Voters Decide
- NEW: Newport City Council Votes on Expansion of Table Games for Newport Grand
- BREAKING: Paolino Selling Newport Grand to Twin River Parent Company
- Live Table Games Open at Twin River
- RI State Report: EDC Overhaul + Twin River Table Games
- RI State Report: Twin River, CPR Certification + Drunk-Driving Loophole
- NEW: Twin River to Host Gala to Celebrate Table Games Tonight
- John Hazen White’s LOOKOUT: Rhode Island Needs to Talk Twin River
- Worcester Slot Casino Unveiled - A Threat to Twin River?
- NEW: Storm Shuts Down Twin River
- Twin River Table Games Campaign Spending Tops $2 Million
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Dean Lees Jr.: Just Say No to Expanding Twin River
- NEW: Twin River to Add Table Games; Newport Votes Against Expansion
- NEW: State Representative Says Twin River Must Pay More
- NEW: Twin River Casino to Add 14 Table Games, 90 Jobs
- MUSIC: ZZ Top Rocks Twin River
- Lean Gov’t, Marijuana, and a Twin River Hotel: This Week at the State House
- Twin River Casino Explores Hotel Project, Informs Lincoln
- Shipyard Pub to Open at Twin River this November
- NEW: Twin River Worldwide Holdings to Acquire Casino in Biloxi, MS
- Russell Moore: Make Twin River A Destination Resort Casino
- NEW: Twin River CEO Responds to Plainville Slots Parlor Approval
- Frampton and the Doobies Rock Twin River
- Resignations, A Hotel for Twin River, & a “Tip Wage” Rally: This Week at the State House
- NEW: Newport Anti-Casino Group Responds to Newport Grand Sale to Twin River
- Newport Grand Backers Say Anti-Casino Donor Failed to Disclose Ties to Caesars
- Twin River Announces Acquisition of Newport Grand