Twin River Announces Acquisition of Newport Grand
Thursday, March 05, 2015
The terms of the sale were not made public, but is expected to be complete by June. “Upon the close of the sale, the “SLOTS” sign will be removed from the front of Newport Grand,” said Paolino.
Taylor said that Twin River will not seek table games at Newport Grand on the 2016 ballot. "It's clear the people of Newport don't want table games- we are not going to force it on them.”
Paolino stated Wednesday that he was selling to Twin River because they were a known, trusted entity in the state and that “It’s best for everyone for Twin River to run both facilities. The right people are buying Newport Grand.
Related Slideshow: New England Casinos - See Who RI is up Against
Below are major casinos that are competing with Rhode Island. Data is taken from reports issued from the Center for Policy Analysis at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth.
- NEW: Twin River to Add Table Games; Newport Votes Against Expansion
- Twin River Breaks New Ad to Promote Job Growth
- Worcester Slot Casino Unveiled - A Threat to Twin River?
- NEW: Storm Shuts Down Twin River
- RI State Report: EDC Overhaul + Twin River Table Games
- Live Table Games Open at Twin River
- RI State Report: Twin River, CPR Certification + Drunk-Driving Loophole
- NEW: State Representative Says Twin River Must Pay More
- Former Lincoln Council President Concerned About Twin River Table Games
- Twin River Table Games Campaign Spending Tops $2 Million
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Dean Lees Jr.: Just Say No to Expanding Twin River
- NEW: Twin River to Host Gala to Celebrate Table Games Tonight
- John Hazen White’s LOOKOUT: Rhode Island Needs to Talk Twin River
- Twin River Casino Explores Hotel Project, Informs Lincoln
- Shipyard Pub to Open at Twin River this November
- NEW: Newport Anti-Casino Group Responds to Newport Grand Sale to Twin River
- BREAKING: Paolino Selling Newport Grand to Twin River Parent Company
- Frampton and the Doobies Rock Twin River
- NEW: Twin River CEO Responds to Plainville Slots Parlor Approval
- NEW: Twin River Casino to Add 14 Table Games, 90 Jobs
- MUSIC: ZZ Top Rocks Twin River
- NEW: Twin River Worldwide Holdings to Acquire Casino in Biloxi, MS
- Russell Moore: Make Twin River A Destination Resort Casino
- Twin River Announces Acquisition of Newport Grand