Woonsocket Man Pleads Guilty to Trafficking Oxycodone
Wednesday, June 01, 2016
Pare pleaded guilty as charged in a federal indictment returned on August 19, 2015 to three counts of distribution of Oxycodone.
Pare remains on home confinement and is scheduled to be sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge John McConnell, Jr. on August 18, 2016.
In court, Pare admitted that on three occasions, between July 17 and August 14, 2014, he sold Oxycodone tablets to an undercover Providence Police Department detective assigned to the Rhode Island DEA Drug Task Force.
According to information presented to the court, on July 17 2014, Pare sold the undercover law enforcement officer 69 Oxycodone tablets in exchange for $2,100 in cash, on July 25, 2014, Pare sold 200 tablets to the undercover officer for $5,800 in cash and on August 14, 2014, Pare sold the undercover officer 491 Oxycodone tablets in exchange for $22,400 in cash. All transactions occurred in Woonsocket.
Pare was charged by way of a federal criminal complaint and arrested by DEA Drug Task Force agents and Woonsocket Police on July 15, 2015. At his initial appearance in U.S. District Court on July 22, 2015, Pare was ordered released on $50,000 unsecured bond to home confinement with electronic monitoring.
The case is being prosecuted by assistant U.S. Attorney Gerard Sullivan.
- NEW: RI State Police Says St. George’s Investigation Expanding
- Prov. Police Union Opposed to 18 Year Old Age Requirement
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 25 (Patriarca’s Influence On the RI State Police)
- Grebien Being Investigated by Pawtucket Police for Relationship with Employee-Tenant
- NEW: Prov. Police Search for Citizens Bank Robbery Suspect
- Two New Hampshire Police Officers Shot
- Prov. Police to Hold 5K & Kids Fun Run to Benefit Dorian J. Murray Foundation
- RI Airport Corporation Police Department Opens Recruit Selection Process
- Cranston Police Officer Medeiros Receives National Officer of Month Award
- Jamestown Police Officer Age 24 Killed by Wrong Way Driver Over Night
- Prov Police Warn of Scammers Using Police Department Phone Number
- Is Clements as New Head of RI Police Association at Odds with Other Chiefs?
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 21 (Gov. Notte and Police Green Light Patriarca’s Gambling)
- Col. O’Donnell Says Corruption Allegations Should be Referred to RI State Police
- NEW: Three Protesters Chained to Textron Building Arrested by Providence Police
- U.S. Capitol Police Shoot Gunman at Capitol Visitor Center Monday Afternoon
- ABC6 Personnel Records Breach Leads to State Police Investigation, 4 Fired and 3 Suspended
- Lobbying Reform Bill Passes & Mental Health Training for Police: This Week at the State House
- NEW: North Providence Police Union Votes No Confidence in Acting Chief
- Providence Police Sergeant Saves Man From Jumping Off Henderson Bridge
- The Cellar: Amarone Della Valpolicella
- GoLocalTV: Former Police Officer Calls for Providence Place Mall Substation to be Returned
- Councilman Salvatore Urges Police to Take Action on Crime in Prov Neighborhood