Woonsocket Man to Serve 5 Years in Federal Prison for Possession of Child Porn
Friday, April 07, 2017
Jose Marquez Escarcega, 29, was sentenced to five years in federal prison on Thursday for possession of child pornography. He was also ordered to served 20 years supervised release upon completion of his prison term.
The sentence was announced by acting United States Attorney Stephen Dambruch; Rhode Island State Police Superintendent Ann C Assumpico; and Matthew J. Etre, Special Agent in Charge of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) for New England.
According to information presented to the court, in July of 2014, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children told the Rhode Island State Police Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force that someone at Escarcega’s residence downloaded child pornography. Based on information developed during a subsequent investigation by the ICAC Task Force and HSI, a court authorized search was executed on October 2, 2014, at Escarcega’s residence.
A forensic analysis of a computer owned by Escarcega and seized by investigators revealed approximately 450 images and 40 videos of child pornography.
Investigators also recovered evidence that Escarcega had contacted and paid an individual in the Philippines to provide him with a live video feed as a prepubescent female was molested.
- NEW: Providence Man Pleads Guilty to Child Porn Charges
- Alleged Child Pornography: When Should Police Intervene?
- NEW: Former Chariho HS Coach Gets Five Years for Child Porn
- Barrington State Rep Candidate Represents Multiple Sex Offenders, Child Porn Cases
- Special Education Teacher Arrested for Possession of Child Porn
- NEW: Providence’s Monteiro Wins National Award for Prison Bridge Program
- GoLocalTV: Former RI House Speaker Fox Sentenced to 3 Years in Federal Prison
- Providence Cocaine Dealer Sentenced to 3 Years in Federal Prison
- Cheat Sheet 2 The Patriarca Papers – FBI Files Unveils Mollicone and Prison Break Murders
- Cranston Man to Serve 48 Months in Federal Prison on Drug Trafficking Charges
- The History of Gordon Fox: From Camp St. to Speaker to Prison
- RI has 28 Alleged Cases of Prison Rape over 3 Years
- Tax Preparer Sentenced to Prison for Stealing, Selling Identities of Minors
- Nguyen: Tsarnaev: The Cost Of A Death Sentence Versus Life Imprisonment
- EXCLUSIVE: RI Mob Boss Luigi “Baby Shacks” Manocchio Released From Prison
- Prison Rape in RI - See the Numbers
- Former MIT Dean & Son Get 45 Months in Prison for Hedge Fund Scam
- Former House Speaker Hastert to Serve 15 Months in Prison
- RI Prison Escapee Morales Indicted on Charge by Federal Grand Jury
- RI Prison Escapee Morales Arrested by MA State Police, Prison Officials React in Central Falls
- Gallison to Serve 2 Years Minimum in Federal Prison - Pleads Guilty to Fraud, Identity Theft, More
- Prison & Probation Reform Legislation and More: This Week at the State House
- Battle Over Prison Bridge Program at College Unbound
- Multi-State Manhunt Continues for RI Prison Escapee
- Former RI Tax Preparer Sentenced to 36 Months in Prison for Tax Prep Fraud
- Rhode Island Has Among the Highest Cost Per Prisoner in US
- Providence Man Gets 5 Years in Federal Prison for Trafficking Heroin
- Monteiro on Prison Guards
- E. Providence Man Gets 10 Years in Federal Prison for Sex Trafficking Minors
- Ex-RI DLT Worker Sentenced to Prison for Conspiracy, Theft of Government Funds & Fraud