Cheat Sheet 37 The Patriarca Papers – Stealing Typewriters, Flemmi, Barbosa, Italian Federal Judge
Monday, April 18, 2016
Each week accompanying the segments of the FBI files on Raymond Patriarca and expert analysis on the documents released, GoLocal provides a “cheat sheet” of some of the key elements from the documents.
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
“It is recommended that this device which has been perfected by the Laboratory be installed in connection with this source at the earliest possible time.”
PAGE 11 Trying to Save $45 a Week
“If, at a later date some device can be perfected whereby REDACTED in connection with this device then consideration could be given to trying to save the expenditure of $45 a week in connection with the rental of this room.”
PAGE 14 “… HENRY TAMELEO advised PATRIARCA that the Ebb Tide nightclub, Revere, Mass., is getting to be too much of a hangout for the hoodlums in the Boston area. TAMELEO who has a financial interest in this club, has advised all the hoodlums to stay out go the club until such time as the ‘heat is off.”
PAGE 17 Concerns About Who is a Federal Agent
PAGE 24 Trouble Between Patriarca and Angiulo
“According to PATRIARCA, both he and JERRY have over $400,000 in this club and the only thing he desires is to get out of the operation without losing money. He blamed the FBI for causing the failure of this club.”
“PATRIARCA was very critical of ANGIULO and pointed out that he had lost considerable amount of money — so much so that if has put him back 10 years financially in both the IMCC and the Berkshire Downs Race Track.”
PAGE 25 Stealing Typewriters from St. Mary’s School, Patriarca Orders Them Returned — the Bishop “Was Screaming.”
PAGE 26 Patriarca May Have an Interest in 30 Houses Being Built in Newport
PAGE 33 Attempt to Kill Wimpy Bennett
PAGE 34 First Mention of Stephen Flemmi
PAGE 43 Will Valachi Testify Against Patriarca?
PAGE 52 Patriarca Denied the Request Because Innocent People Might Be Injured
PAGE 58 If Patriarca’s candidate win the Mayor’s office, “PATRIARCA will be able to control the City of Revere.”
PAGE 59 “REDACTED arranged with an unknown political figure in the State of Rhode Island to enter into an agreement with him whereby the political figure would obtain a contract with the State to erect a large warehouse allegedly costing $1,000,000 to erect. REDACTED would erect same for approximately $800,000 and would split the $200,000 with the political figure. The Political figure according to REDACTED was to use a straw in the negotiations for this contract.”
PAGE 62 Setting up a Lottery in Worcester
PAGE 68 “This Feud has resulted in the direct or indirect killings of approximately 20 individuals, and it appears that REDACTED is marked for assassination.”
PAGE 70 Memo from Hoover to Robert Kennedy - Continuation of “Microphone Surveillance” for another 6 months.
PAGE 79 Disclosure the Patriarca’s Lawyer (fronting for Patriarca?) Friedman owned the Warwick Musical Theater.
Publicly, it has always been the Bonoff family that owned the Warwick Musical Theater, but these documents unveil that the ownership may have been with the Patriarca organization.
“PATRIARCA told him that he should see his Attorney SAUL FRIEDMAN, who owns the Warwick Musical Theater in Warwick in Warwick, R.I. which is making considerable amount of money.”
PAGE 81 Patriarca’s Car is Stolen
Related Slideshow: FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 37
- Cheat Sheet 36 - The Patriarca Papers (Union Problems for Gilbane, Sinatra, Nazi’s and Murders)
- Cheat Sheet 35 The Patriarca Papers (Patriarca and Mayor Doorley)
- Cheat Sheet 34 The Patriarca Papers (Valachi, $400k for Goat Island in Newport, and Bellotti)
- Cheat Sheet 33 The Patriarca Papers - Hoffa, Bianco, Suing the Boston Herald
- Cheat Sheet 32 The Patriarca Papers – Arrival of Nick Bianco and $70k in Stolen Underwear
- Cheat Sheet 31 The Patriarca Papers – Jimmy Hoffa, Diamonds from Zayre’s, Governor Volpe
- Cheat Sheet 30 The Patriarca Papers – Patriarca Asks Paolino to Help with Bay View, Notte’s Cash
- Cheat Sheet 29, FBI Files: Sen Pastore Bribed, Ed Brooke Investigation, Fogarty Party
- Cheat Sheet 28, FBI Files: Bobby Kennedy, Money and Women to Notte, and Bombing
- Cheat Sheet 27, FBI Files: FBI Tips League About Patriots’ Betting, Chafee’s Impact on Patriarca
- Cheat Sheet 26, FBI Files: Patriot Players Betting on Games, F. Lee Bailey, Dean Martin and Sinatra
- Cheat Sheet 25, FBI Files: DiMaggio and Sinatra on Patriarca’s Race Track Board
- Cheat Sheet 24, FBI Files: State Troopers on the Payroll, Ted Kennedy, Dynamite, Wiretaps
- Cheat Sheet 23, FBI Files: Patriarca and “Bury Him,” Rembrandt and Union Control
- Cheat Sheet 22, FBI Files: Murder Indictment, cost of Bugging, Kennedy Fundraiser, the “Commission”
- Cheat Sheet 21 The Patriarca Papers – Patriarca and Sinatra Business Partners
- Cheat Sheet 20 The Patriarca Papers – Narcotics, Murder of Costello, Getting a Friend’s Son Into BC
- Cheat Sheet 19, FBI Files: FBI Worried Patriarca is Going to Kill IRS Agent
- Cheat Sheet 18, FBI Files: Big Mob Hit, Projo Asks RFK for FBI’s Files, Trouble from “Irishman”
- Cheat Sheet 17, FBI Files: Patriarca Ties to Brink’s Robbery and Jack Witschi’s Sports Arena