RI State House Revolving Door Has Begun Spinning - When Will It End?
Thursday, June 09, 2016
Here are some of the recent changes and there is a growing expectation that many more changes are in the works.
Treasurer Seth Magaziner — He is already on his third Chief of Staff in his first 18 months. Andrew Roos was gone after nine-months and now his replacement Jeff Padwa is gone after a similar nine month timeline. Seems like the gestation period for the birthing a Chief of Staff is quite short for the Magaziner. He is also on his second communications director as well.
Governor Raimondo — Maria Montanaro has resigned as the director of the Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals. Raimondo’s Chief of Staff Steve Neuman is expected to depart in the next few weeks.
Commerce Corporation -- More departures may take place at Commerce. Already departed is Chief Marketing Officer Betsy Wall and Stefan Pryor’s tenure is in question. The failure to produce any major economic development projects has been a major disappointment for the Raimondo administration.
For Raimondo, who ran on a pro-business platform, the inability to land any significant economic development projects presents an issue -- staffing aside.
There are significant rumors that as many as four significant members of the Raimondo Administration could be next to leave.
For Raimondo who promised in her campaign job plan to move swiftly in growing the economy, saying "we must move quickly and with a sense of urgency. We need to focus on areas that will both put people back to work in the short term, and set Rhode Island up for economic prosperity for decades to come” — these first two years are a disappointment.
- Raimondo’s Neuman Was Managing DraftKings Legislation As Wife Applied for Top Job
- Raimondo is Looking to Shake Up Her Staff - See Who is in Play
- Jencunas: Bringing PayPal to RI Would be Big Win for Raimondo
- RI Gov. Raimondo’s Approval Rating Plummets - Only 6.5% Think She is Doing An Excellent Job
- Under Raimondo, Out-of-State Vendors Receive 48% of RI Spending - $524M
- The Case for Raimondo and Pryor’s Leadership – Guest MINDSETTER™ Joseph R. Paolino
- Moore: Raimondo is Not Wrong to Hire Out-of-State Vendors
- Raimondo Names Her Point Judith Partner to Top Board - UPDATED
- Gov. Raimondo Releases Action Plan to Fight Overdose Deaths
- GoLocalTV: Rhode Islanders Turn Out for Rally Against Raimondo
- Raimondo Names Carol Grant as Commissioner of the Office of Energy Resources
- Riley: Magaziner Throws Raimondo Under the Bus
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Morgan: Governor Raimondo, Are You for the People, or Your Pals?
- Gov. Raimondo Announces 8 Judicial Nominations
- DePetro Calls for “Rally Against Raimondo” at State House on Wednesday
- Riley: Magaziner Drowning in Raimondo’s Hedge Funds Gone Wild
- Raimondo Calls for $4 Million to Fight Opioid Abuse in RI