CITY OF PROVIDENCE: Ethics Commission Meeting August 9
Friday, August 04, 2017
1. Discussion relative to promoting transparency, including through the potential posting of public information such as Rhode Island Ethics Commission Reports and Board of Election filings of City elected officials on the Providence Ethics Commission website.
The following has been invited:
Councilman Samuel D. Zurier
2. Overview of the Providence Code of Ethics, Section 17-33 of the Providence Code of Ordinances.
3. Overview of the Open Meetings Act, including an update of the Open Meetings Act amendments, which will go into effect on January 1, 2018.
4. Overview of the Rhode Island Whistleblowers’ Protection Act as it applies to the Providence Code of Ethics.
5. Report of trainings and orientations involving the Municipal Integrity Officer in Fiscal Year 2016.
6. Discussion relative to sending updated Commissioner Biographies to Municipal Integrity Officer for use on Rhode Island Ethics Commission website.
PER ORDER THE Providence Ethics Commission
Susann G. Mark, Chairwoman
Offices and City Council Chambers are accessible to individuals with disabilities. If you are in need of interpreter services for the hearing impaired, please contact the Office of Neighborhood Services at 421-7768 not less than 48 hours in advance of the hearing date.